The weather is finally heating up and there’s no better time to get your friends and family together to enjoy a boho picnic. Hosting the perfect picnic requires quite a lot of planning, from sorting the menu to selecting a tranquil area where you can lay your blanket down, catch some rays and mingle with your loved ones. Rather than stressing and waiting until the last minute to plan your special event, we have put together a useful guide to spark some boho picnic ideas and inspiration!
It’s all about the boho picnic set-up
Organising the perfect picnic requires proper planning. Things you need to consider include: Where are you going to host your event? How are you going to decorate your space? What colours should you incorporate? Here are our top location and decor tips for creating the perfect boho picnic set-up:
- Finding the perfect location — The first step to planning a boho picnic is choosing a suitable location. Whether you plan to enjoy a picnic by the beach, under the stars or in the comfort of your backyard, make sure you choose an open, cozy and comfortable space — the epitome of boho living.
- Boho-themed furniture is a must — Your guests will feel the boho picnic vibe when you decorate with comfortable and relaxed pieces of furniture like lounges, daybeds and butterfly chairs. Second-hand and vintage items you’ve collected over the years will pair perfectly with this theme. As would a low wooden table or a white or lace teepee.
- Rugs and cushions — Boho picnic set-ups usually include an eclectic mix of bright colours, patterns and textures. Your decor doesn’t have to match. In fact, combining and clashing colours, patterns and materials is what makes this style so unique. Ditch your checkered picnic blanket and opt for colourful throws, like the Havana Picnic Rug by Isla In Bloom, silky patterned pillows, textured rugs and knitted blankets. You want your space to feel open and tranquil so your guests can sit back, relax and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
- A gorgeous floral arrangement — A bouquet placed in the centre of your table will add a touch of elegance to your boho picnic set-up. Don’t shy away from selecting vibrant tropical tones or earthy coloured flowers that vary in texture. There are no rules, but the quirkier, the better! If you’re hosting a picnic to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or engagement, consider putting together a homemade flower crown for the special guest in question.
- Candles — Decorating your area with tealight candles will bring your boho theme together while adding a relaxed ambience to your event. If you’re hosting your picnic in the middle of spring or summer, consider purchasing candles that provide natural bug repellent, so your guests aren’t fussing over mosquitos. Along with adding a relaxing scent to your gathering, eucalyptus, mint and sage smelling candles will help keep the bugs away, too. Or why not opt for a beautiful floral mix by Ecoya.
Packing the perfect picnic basket
When it comes to packing your basket, it’s important you choose your cutlery and utensils carefully. Before you set off, make a list of everything you need to include so the planning is stress-free.
- Food — Given boho-themed picnics are usually casual and laid back, there’s no need to stress about cooking a three-course meal for your guests. Instead, opt for a cheese board — they’re always a crowd-pleaser. Don’t forget to include cheese and crackers, pita chips and hummus, olives, dried fruits, fresh fruits, cold meats, fresh bread, nuts, seeds and spreads.
- Drinks — While you can never go wrong with bubbles and wine, consider providing a few non-alcoholic beverages, too. If you’re hosting your event by the beach or travelling to your chosen picnic location, we suggest opting for drinks that are easy to whip up onsite. Pre-make a fruity punch that you can carry in a jug and serve your drinks in glass mason jars with reusable straws.
- Cutlery and plates — While disposable plates and cutlery may be the way to go if you’re travelling to your picnic destination, pulling out any colourful plates you own will add a nice touch to your boho-themed decor.
Your go-to for boho picnic outfits
No boho picnic is complete without an outfit that fits the theme! If you’re in desperate need of a stylish outfit for your next picnic, Gypsy and Wolf has you covered! Our gorgeous Sorrento Dress in Enchanted Garden is the perfect option for this theme and will ensure you’re comfortable and breezy, even when you’re busy setting up for your big event.
If you’d prefer a dress that features floral prints and bright colours, our Tarni Mini Dress is a popular choice. You’ll also find boho tops that pair perfectly with our shorts, skirts, jeans or pants. Complete the look with accessories like a leather bag, floral wallet or dainty necklace.
So much love, energy and passion have been poured into creating our boho-style clothing. And we’re confident you’ll find something in our extensive range that’ll fit your next boho picnic. We offer free delivery on all orders over $150, and AfterPay, Zippay, Laybuy, Klarna, Humm and Sezzle is available, so you can shop now and spend later! If you have any questions about our clothing pieces, please contact us via email at email@example.com
So there you have it! You’re officially ready to plan the perfect boho picnic set-up.